Co-Lead; February 2020-Present
"BWB is a grassroots, socially innovative, community leadership program whose goal is to unlock the creativity of local communities to solve problems."
- Co-founded the first chapter of Burners Without Borders serving the San Francisco Bay Area.
- We are launching several major projects this year benefiting the homeless:
- Building tiny homes to give to the homeless.
- Building and distributing care packages for the homeless.
- Fundraising events.
Development, Programming, Communications; May 2018-Present
"Comfort & Joy is a welcoming community that advances queer values in San Francisco and at Burning Man by building community and creating spaces celebrating art and creative expression."
In San Francisco:
Crystal Ball Research Subcommittee
- Conduct regular surveys of the membership and audience.
- Conduct case study interviews.
- Measure KPIs for impacted populations.
- Provide feedback to the board.
Large Public Events
- Record and produce all events for SoundCloud, as well as managing the SoundCloud.
- Build and manage lighting rigs for stage shows.
- Build and curate all fog machines and hazers.
- Build and manage power grids for street festivals in San Francisco.
Small Workshops: created and led a series of original workshops in SF.
- Founder and chair of the new website committe.
- We are working hard on launching a new, modern website!
Big Queer Tent Subcommittee
- Founding member.
- Working on improving diversity and inclusivity in the organization and the audience.
- The team collaborates to produce weekly Facebook posts around relevant issues.
At Burning Man:
Canvassing and Community Organizing; 2018 Midterm Election Cycle
- Knocked on hundreds of doors in Reno and Sparks, giving out information about where to vote, creating plans with voters including arranging transportation.
- We successfully flipped a senate district and governorship which had both been red for about twenty years.
Many Roles; 2013-Present
"Saving lives by empowering survivors and educating communities to stand up to domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking."
- Event services including professional audio for events like the Sacramento Pride parade, bartending, greeting, etc.
- Consult regularly on business and web development.
- Co-founded a Sacramento meetup group which puts together hundreds of care packages each month for members to disperse to people who are homeless.
- Plans include expanding to more groups around the area.
- Direct action including protesting and supporting policy impacting people who are homeless at the city and county level throughout the Placer County area.